Living in Des Moines
- Forbes named Des Moines the "Best Place for Business and Careers" in its 12th annual ranking.
- Midwest lifestyle with low crime and friendly, caring neighborhoods
- Metro population of nearly 500,000
- Outstanding nationally-recognized schools and home to Drake University and Des Moines University
- Diverse and affordable housing
- Abundance of cultural and recreational activities including symphony, opera, Triple A baseball, NBA D-League basketball, AFL football, USHL hockey, bike trails, and rivers and lakes for boating and water sports
- Headquarters of several insurance companies
- Ranked #71 in the list of the Top 100 Places to Live by Money magazine
- One of the nation's shortest average commute times.
Please visit www.desmoinesmetro.com to find out everything that Greater Des Moines has to offer.