How to Apply
All requests for funding must be submitted in writing. Telephone requests are not accepted. Applications for funding should include the following:
- Name, address, telephone number and position of the person submitting the application.
- Copy of 501(c)(3) IRS ruling.
- A summary describing the organization's purpose, services provided, target populations and an explanation of how it meets an identified community need(s).
- The specific amount of money being requested and an explanation of how the funds would be used.
- A current and a projected (or prior year) budget, clearly illustrating earnings and revenues.
- An audited financial statement for the most recently completed year of operation.
- Details of any United Way funding.
- If the request is for a capital drive or a specific project, a related budget should be included - along with an explanation of the need for the drive and a timetable for the campaign.
- If the request is for annual operating support, indicate the total amount of support being sought from the community.
- A list of the organization's board of directors, executive director and number of staff employed.
- A description of how current programs and/or services are evaluated for effectiveness - and the results of those evaluations. If the program is new, describe how it will be evaluated.
Applications should be submitted to:
Meredith Charitable Contributions Program
1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, IA 50309-3023