Preferred format: PDF/X1A; Acceptable format: PDF. For instructions
on how to create a PDF go to https://meredith.sendmyad.com – under HOME - select DASHBOARD – select VIEW FAQs.
- Vector (PDF/X-1A, PDF)
- 300 dpi/2400 dpi for Line Work
File Submission Site
Submit files via Meredith Ad Express.
To join go to https://meredith.sendmyad.com.
Foxfire browser is recommended. When establishing an account please observe the MinimumRequirements to avoid processing errors.
1. Create an account, if not already established.
2. Choose: “Send My Ad”
3. Choose the publication: Ser Padres
4. Choose the issue: i.e. Feb/March 2015
Live Matter Requirements
- Set the offset setting to .167 when creating PDF/X-1A files so the standard trim, bleed and center marks are included but not in the “live” image area or “bleed” area.
- Single page ads should be built to 100% trim size with the marks & bleeds option turned on. If ad bleeds, extend bleed a minimum of 1/8” beyond trim. Keep live matter in a minimum of ¼” inside trim dimensions.
- Partial page ads should be build to 100% of their actual trim size with the marks & bleeds option turned on. If ad bleeds, extend bleed a minimum of 1/8” beyond trim. Keep live matter a minimum of ¼” inside trim dimensions.
- All non-bleeds ads should be built to 100% of the non-bleed specs.
- All Bleed Ads – Keep live matter a minimum of 3/8” inside the bleed dimensions on all four sides.
- Spread Ads: Keep live matter ¼” away from either side of center or ½” total across the gutter. For spread ads with a headline crossing over the gutter, contact production department if the visual spacing between words or letter is critical.
NOTE: New files are required for ads that need type changes such
as key-codes, addresses, phone numbers, etc. A corresponding color contract proof is required to show these changes.
File Specifications/General Guidelines
- Do not apply style attributes to basic fonts.
- Include and/or embed all fonts, images/scans, logos and artwork.
- Do not nest PDF files in other PDF files.
- Do not nest EPS files in other EPS files.
- Use of illegal characters in file names will not be accepted (example: &, /, -, ~, %, (, ), #, ‘, $, etc or anything after the extension).
- Limit File Name to 24 characters INCLUDING the extension.
- On 4/C ads, Pantone colors, other spot colors, and non-CMYK elements must be converted to CMYK.
- Four color solids should not exceed SWOP density of 300%.
- To create a rich black use 100% K and 60% C.
- Color type, reverse type and/or line art should not be less than .007 at the thinnest part of the character. Single color type should be no less than .004 at the thinnest part of the character.
- To avoid low-res (soft type) or 4/C black type, type should be built in Quark, Indesign or Illustrator and not within Photoshop.
- Reverse type should use a dominant color (usually 70% or more) for the shape of the letters. Where practical and not detrimental to the appearance of the job, make the type in the subordinate colors slightly larger to minimize register problems on the production press.
- All supplied materials intended for use in Meredith publications must be properly trapped and, when possible, image trapping should be represented in the accompanying SWOP proofs.
Advertiser understands that if they do not supply a SWOP certified color proof with color bars or if they supply a color laser proof that Meredith cannot guarantee a color match to the supplied proof and will print to the supplied file.
- Supply a minimum of TWO composite SWOP certified proofs for color – Ser Padres requires THREE.
- Proofs must be made from supplied file.
- Proofs must be 100% of size.
- Proofs must be SWOP certified.
- For an up-to-date list of SWOP approved color proofs, please visit: www.swop.org.
- Color bars are required on all analog or digital halftone proofs. Color bars should include:
- SWOP color bars at 100% size as found on SWOP website (above).
- A solid and 25%, 50% and 75% tints of each process color. Solid overprints.
- At least one gray balance patch (cyan-50%, magenta and yellow 39%).
- Two-color overprints at 25%, 50% and 75% are also recommended.
- The color bar can be a GCA/GATF Proof Comparator, or a GATF/SWOP Proofing Bar or digital equivalent
- Proofs must indicate the proofing product or system used, prepress supplier contacts and information showing conformance to the manufacturer’s Application Data.
- Ad should be proofed on Publication grade stock except for More, Traditional Home and commercial work should be proofed on Commercial grade stock.
- Proofing systems requiring line screen – Publication Grade Stock use 133 line – Commercial Grade Stock use 150 line.
If the above guidelines are not met, the color and quality of print reproduction may vary. Proofs that are not SWOP compliant will be referenced for content only. Meredith will try to achieve a reasonable match to the supplied proof.
Material questions or production extentions,
Meredith Content Center,
1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309
p: 515-284-2447 f: 515-284-2709