Being Good Corporate Citizens
Volunteerism and Charitable Giving
Meredith Corporation and our employees partner with Rebuilding Together on projects that help preserve home ownership for low-income individuals across the country. More than 275 homes and 40 non-profits have been positively impacted by our work since this partnership began in 2002, including the neighborhood of Gerritsen Beach in Brooklyn, NY, which was devastated by Hurricane Sandy. Mell Meredith, Chairman of the Meredith Corporation Foundation, serves as Vice Chairman on the national Rebuilding Together board.
Meredith Corporation is a major contributor to United Way each year. Highlights include:
- Over the last 13 years, we have increased our giving to United Way of Central Iowa from $250,000 to more than $700,000 in 2015
- Chairman and CEO Steve Lacy chaired the community-wide United Way campaign in 2011, achieving record donations of approximately $25 million
- In addition to giving, Meredith provides ancillary services to United Way, including writing, designing, and printing United Way marketing and campaign materials, and much more
- Meredith won the United Way’s Spirit of Central Iowa Award, it’s highest honor, in 2012
- In 2013, we won its Advocacy Award for our Wellness Programs
Meredith donates $1.5 million each year to non-profit organizations through the Meredith Corporation Foundation. An additional $2 million from Meredith’s business contribution budget and $500,000 from the Edwin T. Meredith Foundation, comprise our annual corporate giving activity. Meredith’s matching gift program funds non-profit organizations based on employee financial contributions and volunteer hours. Meredith matches employee gifts up to $5,000 annually and each year, approximately $600,000 of our corporate foundation budget goes to charities supported by employees.
As a leading marketing communications company, consumers come to our brands for timeless advice about food, decorating, building, parenting, gardening, beauty, crafts, health and well-being and more. We realize that to take care of our homes and families, we must take care of the planet. Meredith has in place a number of sustainable business practices as well as an internal task force whose goal is to recommend ongoing changes that will enable us to be an even more responsible member of the global community.
Health and Wellness
Meredith offers an extensive and award-winning wellness program to employees and spouses/domestic partners. With initiatives related to physical wellness, stress management and financial wellness, the program offers incentives of up to $1,000 in annual wellness reimbursements and enjoyed 98% participation in 2014.